On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 10:08:35AM -0800, Avi Cherry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am doing, adjustable spacing, etc, is going to be very important.
> Does something like this already exist?

The TeX plug-in takes tex input and renders it as gfx. With a current
latex you could(!) render any postscript or metafont font.

> If nothing DOES exist to do this, I was planning on writing a plugin
> that interfaces with ghostscript and passes text processing to
> ghostscript.

Nice idea ;->

> Any ideas?  Comments?  Should I take this to gimp-development?

Good question.. the gimp developers seek better font support, and this
will most likely result in using freetype (or something similar) in future
(e.g. past 1.2) versions, but this is no solid plan...