On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 02:38:30PM -0600, Scott Rucka wrote:
> Hi,
> What is the best way to optimize/compress an image for a web page?
> I want to shrink the file size with out losing too much of the image
> size.
It depends chiefly on your images.
Small, non-photo like images are best compressed by converting it to a
gif (before that you ve to index the colors of the image!) or
if you ve bigger, photo like images you should choose the jpeg format.
PNG is also worth using, but only newer browsers are able to display this
format properly.

True, it returns "" for false, but "" is an even more interesting
number than 0.
             -- Larry Wall in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>