On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 11:21:55PM +0100, Alexander Werner Skwar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just installed gimp-1.1.11.  When I start it with German language, the
> menu is broken.  For example, the third menu reads somthing like this:

Some questions ;)

How do you "start it with German language"? I mean, which env. variables do
you use (look at the output of "env|grep ^L").

Also, do you use redhat linux 6.x?

> Could it possibly be, that the translation is not upto the latest
> version?

That's always the case ;) It should sitll not result in that buggy
behaviour, but at most in untranslated menu items (e.g. a "Datei"-Menu and
a "File"-Menu).