Amy Abascal writes:

 > In the spirit of ending this godawful flame war (to which I haven't
 > responded since FRIDAY), I will change the subject.

In the same spirit I will also drop the thread. This is my final
comment.

I do owe Amy an apology. I ment to make a general arguement about the
proper way of responding to inappropriate posts, (unsubscribe, FAQ
etc.) The result was an appearance of a personal attack on Amy which
was not my intention. Amy was merely following what she and many
others perceived as accepted practice.

Even though it was a post of Amy's that triggered my arguements, and I
think that post was inappropriate, I do admit that it is common
practice. Therefor my arguement is not specifically with Amy but with
the entire community that thinks rudeness is an appropriate response
to rudeness.

-

I'm out of this thread.