"R.K.Aa" wrote:

> Jon Winters wrote:
> >
> > "T.V.Gnanasekaran" wrote:
>
> Btw.."script-fu/Alchemy/Erase every other row" is also interesting for
> striped effects.
>
> K.

I found this minutes after posting my screengrab.  Its the same look he
was looking for in the photoshop tutorial.

I have no idea why but scan lines seem to be all the rage.  Perhaps
we're all thinking of getting HDTVs for christmas and we're gonna miss
scan lines.

I have been working on some CSS web themes that use scan lines to make
translucent table backgrounds.

Checkit:
http://www.obscurasite.com/
http://obscura.obscurasite.com/

There are tiny two pixel tall images used as fills to create the scan
lines in table backgrounds.  It makes text a little more readable over
busy background images.

They are going to be available on the 'art stuff' page once I have about
ten or more stylesheets.  If you're interested in collaborating on the
project let me know.

Comments and feedback from the list is welcome.

Thanks!
--
Jon Winters
visit the Obscura Lounge in OpenVerse