On Sat, Dec 18, 1999 at 01:09:43PM +0100, josvanr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> type (RGB/GRAY/INDEXED). Now, when I create an image from
> within the gimp menu structure, it is also possible to create
> a transparant image

The 'transperancy' is a property of a layer, not of an image (there is
no such thing as a "transparent image"). When you craete a new image via
the menu it will always add a single layer for you, and that one can be
opaque (e.g. RGB_IMAGE + bg_image_fill) or transparent (RGBA_IMAGE +
trans_image_fill).