On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Matthias Kleine wrote:

> Hi
>
> In my ~/.gimp directory I find some files named gimpswap.xxx, where xxx
> stands for different numbers. Those files are rather big (some of them
> a lot of MB), and I would really like to know, what are these files
> for. Can anybody tell me?

It is information stored by the Gimp, just like the swap partition under
Linux.  The numbers correspond to the process that the Gimp is running
under, and should automatically be deleted when the Gimp is closed.  They
can safely be deleted if the Gimp is not running.

Alex Harford                            Alcohol and calculus don't mix.
http://www.dowco.com/~alexh             Don't drink and derive.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         Tel: (604) 225-0601