On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 11:44:52AM +0100, Hago Ziegler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I try to use perl with Gimp. I read tutorials and articles and now I am
> confused. I downloaded Gtk-Perl-0.6123 , but I don't understand how to use it
> with Gimp.

   # unpack it
   cd Gtk-0.6123
   perl Makefile.PL --lazy-load
   make && make install

That's my preferred way of installing it. BTW: Gtk-0.7 is out, and has
fixed a bug that causes some (gimp-perl-)widgets to break.

> In Dov Grobgelds tutorial a Gimp toolbox is shown where "perl-fu" is
> integrated. How could I achieve to have that too?

the program named "Perl-Fu" is no longer distributed with the Gimp (maybe
gimp-2.0 will have it). However:

> In my Gimp I find only the perl-server and the perl-controlcenter.

This means that your gimp has working perl support.

> When I try to open a *.pl-file from the Dov Grobgelds script-examples I get a
> message that tells me: use-syntaxerror, command not found.

I do not know what "open" means, but the script must be executable and
should be put in a plug-in directory. Alos make sure you have a bang-path
(#!/usr/bin/perl or something) in the script.

> I don't know what the Gimp-module is, where I find it or if I have it

If you have the "Perl-Server" menu then it must be installed somewhere.