I run gimp on the same machine but with different X servers (VNC
actually).  I have a 1600x1200x16bit one running on my desk and and an
800x600x8bit one floating.  Which can be very handy if I am in the lab
(which unfortunately consists of WNTs) and need to access my Linux
machine.  I load a different set of resources to the smaller X server.
XEmacs and friends understand that nicely and use smaller fonts for
frames connected to the smaller server.  However, I can't find a way
to do that with Gimp.  gtkrc is per machine, not per X server.  I know
that Photoshop etc doesn't have this problem, because it is only
available for braindead(TM) platforms.  But Gimp is an X application
after all....

--
Regards,

        Rui-Tao Dong                    Newport Corporation
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]               1791 Deere Avenue
        (949)253-1679(Voice)            Irvine, CA 92606 USA
        (949)253-1240(Fax)              http://www.newport.com