saege wrote:

> Sorry for the silly question, but how do I have to save an image
> preserving the layer structure? I mean, bitmaps 'kill' the internal
> structure of the image. Which one contains all the additional information
> so that gimp can reuse it?
>
> Thanks in advance for helping
>
> Bernd Saegmueller

You can do it in th Gimp native format : XCF. nd better, if you want to
save some disk place, choose to sav it in bzip format. Your work will be
stored in a fil with this extension : xcf.bz2. And of course, it will be
reusable by our favorite image manipulation program.

Bye !

Bwams Silas Kitwa, mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://baboon.linux-fan.com
- Membre du Cercle des Pipoteurs Invétérés - Citoyen de "Pipologia".

                                                -- Albert Einstein