On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 04:23:07PM +0100, Jakub Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does GIMP support saving gamma information and if so, where can I specify mine?

Yes, in the preferences dialog. At the moment gimp does not do colour
correction based on that value.

> If not, is there some global gamma filter for X?

Most (?) X-servers allow gamma correction. The real solution, of course,
would be to let gimp do the colour management, since even if you x-server
supports gamma correction, you loose many colours on most hardware.

> The other question is targeted to the future rather, cause I can see indexed
> pallette alpha is not currently supported. Are there any plans to do so?

Yes, after gimp-1.2