----- Original Message -----
From: Ralf Gerlich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2000 1:28 AM
Subject: Re: Painting cool icons

> Hi!

> > Somehow else, mostly. Take a look at tigert's tutorials at
> > http://tigert.gimp.org That's where I learned.
>
> Cool. That's what I call a lesson!
>
> But how do I do e.g. a folder like the one tigert has for "Dull files"?
> I mean those light effects and the dark borders around the paper and the
> folder itself. I suppose there's a trick?

Several tricks: For outlines use edit->stroke and then touch up with shift +
click with the painbrush to draw streight lines. For things like a folder
with a back a front and paper, use a layer for each piece. For shading use a
gentle airbrush to highlight and shade with black and white paint.

Hope that helps.

--Ben