make sure you have the Fontservers running BEFORE starting X. Adding a line

xfstt &

in your /etc/rc.d/rc.local, you can start it at boot time.
(I think, with SuSE, the appropriate script is /sbin/init.d/boot.local)

Have fun, Oliver

Am Don, 13 Apr 2000 schrieben Sie:
> Hi ,
> Am Thu, 13 Apr 2000 schrieben Sie:
> > For truetype fonts you need to install the extra truetype font server 'xfstt'.
> > It should also be included in the SuSE distribution.
> >
> >http://fonts.linuxpower.com/  That is how I got .ttf fonts workin'
> I found everything -thank you very much- and got it working, the fonts are
> now available - BUT:
> if I put the FontPath "unix/:7101" to the XF86Config file, The Xserver will
> not work at the next boot. If I contact the internet it crashes too. The
> same problem I had with "localhost:7100" with xfsft. Something doesn't
> work - any hints?
> Regards  Hago
Oliver Bienert
Phone: 030-47475624