Hi,

Hago Ziegler wrote:

> in XF86Config I have set the paths:
> FontPath       "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/sharefont"
> FontPath       "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ttfonts/fonts.dir"
> FontPath       "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/encodings/encodings.tar"

you should put these pathes in /etc/X11/xfs/config or /etc/xfs.config ,
depending on your system.

> I also tried to set :
> FontPath      "tcp/localhost:7100"   But after the reboot I couldn't

It is right. You need not reboot, sending SIGHUP to xfs or calling
"# /etc/rc.d/init/xfs restart"
is quite enought.

About your troubles:
1. If you using LESSER than 4.0 version of X, you should find separate font
server for TrueType
2. xfs tends to quietly crash if some errors in fontdirs found, so I
recommend first insert these dirs
in FontPath in X configuration script and check error messages
( $ startx &> xerr , than examine xerr)

Hopefully, I this can help you

    Alex

--