I have installed the latest development version (1.1.19), with just
/configure,make,make install.......does anyone know how much disk space
that would take up?

Another thing I've ben wondering.......I've seen numerous screenshots on
the web, and GIMP had it's colour pickers, brush, patern and gradient
buttons all on the right hand side.  I have them at the bottom, and I can't
find anything relevant in the preferences.  Is there a way to change the
layout in this version?

Finally :)  I read somewhere that there was a GIMP Hollywood project (I
can't remember where I read that though)...any more info about what that is

Thanks guys.