On 14 May 2000 at 08:46, Carol Spears wrote:

>Per Pettersson wrote:
>I tried every eh, group of instructions I could find. It was this
>"How-To" that finally did the job.
>I would add to these instructions, under INSTALLING NEW FONTS:  3.
>Don't add a gizillion fonts right away.
>My question:  Is there any way to create fonts?

Yes, there are a few ways to create fonts. But first of all you should know what
kind of fonts they'll be. AFAIK we don't have any editors for TrueType fonts,
only for bdf fonts. I use xmbdfed, and it's pretty much enough for me. If you
have installed an x font server that's capable of loading ttf then you can use
xmbdfed's "import server font" facility to edit TrueType fonts, but you have to
save it as bdf format. If you want, you can then convert it to various formats
using tools like bfdtopcf, etc. On the other hand, if you want to edit TrueType
fonts directly, you need Windows. There are a plenty of ttf editors for that os,
both shareware and public domain. You can find more about xmbdfed at its
homepage: http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/xmbdfed.html

Hope this info helps you.

Charlie Big Potato