MM> On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 09:53:29AM -0400, Luc Bouchard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> I would recommend you lear LaTex.  For document preparation nothing comes
>> close to its flexibility.  I used this many years ago to do University
>> papers. This "language" gives you full typesetting ability and allows for
>> almost precise image placement.

MM> I agree.  And if you're feeling really ambitious, you might even look
MM> into TeX.  (LaTeX is a set of macros that make using TeX easier and
MM> practical for straightforward typesetting projects.)  With TeX, you can
MM> create paragraphs in the shape of circles and that sort of thing.  But
MM> fair warning - it takes a good bit of effort to learn!

It is no longer necessary to use TeX in order to be able to make all the
fancities you can imagine. Using LaTeX, you can create heart-shaped
paragraphs if you mind, but you can also include all sorts of graphics,
build tables of any complexity, change the style of your whole document
by simply changing a few parameters, use all possible character fonts,
and generate Postscript, HTML or Pdf at will. See the invaluable series
of books published by Addison-Wesley.

                        Olivier Lecarme