>That may sounds strange, but why couldn't we add semantic specs in xcf
>files for instance ? A new standard ?
>That could be stated over some structured log ; transient as layering...

Gimp 1.1.x and GDynText provide that. But plain 1.0.4 does not. That is the
reason he got that "no" answer. XCF does a lot of things, Gimp too, the
problem is that if you want latest things, you have to run bleeding edge
versions... with Helix GNOME that is not a problem, Helix Code compiles
latest Gimp periodically. Maybe you could give a try (if it burns your
computer, no complains accepted, only bug report and fixes ;] ).

GSR