From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2000 9:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: rotating selections

On Jun 9,  9:40, Kulish, Chris (Des Moines) wrote:
> Is there any way to rotate a selection within an image by something other
> than the 90, 180, and 270 degrees given in the menu?  I tried looking this
> up in the help system but didn't have any luck finding what I needed.

Chris,

choose Transform from the toolbox and double-click the icon, then select
Rotation. You have now a cursor that looks a little bit like a recycling
symbol
(two arc arrows). When you start rotating the selected area, there's a new
window that indicates by how much you have rotated (gimp 1.0.1 :-( at work).

If you use any of the newer versions, there's a more advanced window once
you
have started rotating. You can even enter the value of how many degrees you
want to turn.

Hope this helps,

lars

--
Lars Burgstahler
Institute of Communication Networks and Computer Engineering