What window manager/X Server/gtk+ are you using?  Gimp attempts to make the
original image no larger than 3/4 the max dimension on a resize that
would put the dimension outside the dimension of the screen...
(it won't shrink something 7/8 the screen for instance).  If its not
detecting that 1000x1000 is out, I'd suspect the X Server lying to us
about what the dimensions of the screen really are, which we can't do
much about.

It also tries to recenter some things, but I'm not sure the logic on
this is 100% correct in current gimp.  I'm looking at it while trying
to figure out how/where to detect if an image resize was successful (the
wm spec says apps need to respect that all resize requests may not be
granted).

Regards,
Seth Burgess
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

* Mogens Jęger ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [000611 17:31]: