From:   Amy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Friday, June 16, 2000 5:57 AM
To:     Kulish, Chris (Des Moines)
Cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: Transparency Selection

actually, it's much easier...  Right click on the layer you want to
select, hit "alpha to selection".  Then invert the selection.

n Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Kulish, Chris (Des Moines) wrote:

> Sorry about the noise.  Right after I sent this message out, I found a way
> to do it, though not pretty.  I kept selecting the regions I wanted the
drop
> shadow to appear on, then inverted the selection.  I finally got the look
> wanted, but I also ended up with a bunch of transparent squares with drop
> shadows onto transparent backgrounds...
>
> Thanks!
>
> CK

--Ames
   "Fine!  Then I'm just gonna take my laptop and go home!!!"
Amy L. Abascal                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Design Chic, VA Linux Systems                  www.valinux.com
Web Design Chic, Silicon Valley Linux Users Group    www.svlug.com