From: Jonathan E. Paton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2000 2:15 AM
Subject: Re: how to change resolution without keypad (Question about X)

What do you mean by changing resolution?

If you are wanting to zoom in or out, and can't use the default key mapping
then you can easily
change it.  To do this open the GIMP menu where the function appears.  Next
hold the pointer over
the function you want to change the key mapping for and simply press the
keys you want to use.
Easy or what?  I believe this was covered in the GIMP User Manual.

The same should be true of most of the other functions, so if its not zoom
then you probably would
find the right one anyway.

However thinking about this I know what you want, you want to change the
screen resolution - which
is not really a GIMP question at all.  Try looking at the XF86 documentation
at either or

A laptop is only good for one resolution anyway, and LCD based technology
has a different color
spec than CRT - for graphics use you really should be using CRT until LCD

Jonathan Paton

Do You Yahoo!?