Dear Sirs,
I am a Caldera 2.2 OpenLinux user and I have some questions I would like
to ask you:-
Recently I downloaded the file xfstt-1_1_tar.gz  from the website and unzipped this file with
the commard
Zcat xfstt-~1.gz | tar -x

This made the subdirectory xfstt-1.1. In this directory I found the
Makefile shown below.
I had to alter "CC="  and "LD =". (See !!Made changes!!). Also the line
"ln -s /mnt/dos/windows/fonts /usr/share/fonts/truetype/winfonts;  \"
(see (!!Here) under install)

 There were persistent installation problems with RAFile.cpp and behond.
The error given when using gcc for CC= and LD= was
  gcc: installation problem, cannot exec 'cc1plus': no such file
  make: *** [RAFile.o] error1

Should I use a C++ compiler? So far I have not noticed one in the
directory /usr/bin. If one is needed where can I obtain a C++ compiler
to complete the process of generating a program that will load TrueType
Fonts called xfstt? Also in line 45 of the Makefile the shell script
statement of
  ln -s /mnt/dos/windows/fonts /usr/share/fonts/truetype/winfonts;  \
is given. It orginally was
  ln -s /DOS/windows/fonts /usr/share/fonts/truetype/winfonts;  \
I changed this to the above version since I have mounted the dos
partition by modifying my fstab file with the statement
   /dev/hda1 /mnt/dos msdos defaults 0 0
added. Have I done right in this respect? Also why the shell qualifier
-s, (meaning a symbolic link ?), is only made to the dos directory
C:/windows/fonts? If it should be a symbolic link how does it differ
from an ordinary link file?

What is imake?

Configuring a WinPal Eletronics MouseTablet 604N in COM2 can this be

Configuring a Hewlet Packard Deskjet 610C printer. I tried to set up the
Ljet setting with no luck:-

     Nearest configuration:- HP 600
     Fonts:- Lanuage pcl
             Symbol Set PC8
             Font 0
             Pitch 10.0cpi
             Point Size12.0 points

Yours truly,
David Olivieri

Makefile :-

#MAXOPT = -O6 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math

#CFLAGS = -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage -DMAGNIFY=0
CFLAGS = -g -Wall -pedantic $(MISCOPT) -DMAGNIFY=0
#CFLAGS = -O -Wall -pedantic -DDEBUG $(MISCOPT)

LFLAGS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib/X11
LFLAGS = -g -L/usr/X11R6/lib

CC = gcc    !!Made changes here!!
LD = gcc    !! Made changes here!!

OBJS = RAFile.o \
 TTFont.o \
 NameTable.o \
 HeadTable.o \
 MaxpTable.o \
 CmapTable.o \
 LocaTable.o \
 GlyfTable.o \
 LtshTable.o \
 HdmxTable.o \
 VdmxTable.o \
 FpgmTable.o \
 PrepTable.o \
 GaspTable.o \
 HheaTable.o \
 HmtxTable.o \
 CvtTable.o \
 Os2Table.o \
 KernTable.o \
 EbdtTable.o \
 EblcTable.o \
 RasterHints.o \
 RasterScale.o \

all : xfstt

install :
 mkdir -p /usr/share/fonts/truetype ; \
 mkdir -p /var/cache/xfstt;   \
(Here!!) ln -s /mnt/dos/windows/fonts
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/winfonts;  \
 cp xfstt /usr/X11R6/bin/ ; \
 cp xfstt.1x /usr/man/X11/man1/ ; \
 xfstt --sync

clean :
 rm *.o;       \
 rm xfstt showttf perftest patchttf

xfstt : $(OBJS) xfstt.o encoding.o
 $(LD) -o $@ $(OBJS) xfstt.o encoding.o $(LFLAGS) -lm

xfstt.o : xfstt.cpp xfstt.h ttf.h arch.h Makefile
 $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $< -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11/fonts \

encoding.o : encoding.cpp encoding.h Makefile
 $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $<

showttf : $(OBJS) showttf.o ttf.h arch.h Makefile
 $(LD) -o $@ $(OBJS) showttf.o $(LFLAGS) -lX11 -lm

perftest : $(OBJS) perftest.o ttf.h arch.h Makefile
 $(LD) -o $@ $(OBJS) perftest.o $(LFLAGS) -lm

patchttf : patchttf.cpp
 $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o $@ $<

 cp xfstt.tgz xfstt.tgz.bak ;   \
 tar cvf xfstt.tar Makefile *.h *cpp *.txt *.sh *lsm *1x &&\
 tar rvf xfstt.tar FAQ INSTALL CHANGES COPYING &&\
 gzip -9 xfstt.tar  &&   \
 cp xfstt.tar.gz /dosd/source/xfstt.tgz &&  \
 mv xfstt.tar.gz xfstt.tgz ;   \
 sync;       \
 ls -l /dosd/source/xfstt.tgz xfstt.tgz

%.o : %.cpp ttf.h arch.h Makefile