I found the answer to this on this list last year.  I
didn't need it then, I need it now, though.

How do I get the Gimp to print?  The 1.0.4 RPM and
source versions only allowed me to print to a file.
Same with the 1.1.24 I am using now.

Before, I eventually got one of the 1.0.4 versions to
print properly, but I can't remember how.

One of my major uses for the Gimp is to print out
postcards, so it is imperative that I get it working
again.  I really hate the thought of booting windows
and using my old Corel Photo-Paint (although the Linux
version looks pretty good).

Do You Yahoo!?