I currently have a Wacom Intuos tablet in addition to a PS/2
mouse connected to my machine (Linux 2.2.15, XFree86 3.3.6, Gtk
1.2.8, Gimp 1.1.24).

Normally, they live in peaceful coexistence - I can
alternatively use the mouse or the tablet to move the X pointer.
As soon as I start Gimp, the mouse becomes unusable. After that,
the only possibility to revitalize the mouse is to start the X
server again. The exact configuration for the tablet doesn't seem
to have any influence - I tried several variations without any

Is anybody experiencing similar problems? Is this a general
issue, or am I just doing something wrong? While I love the
tablet for use with gimp, for other purposes I still prefer the
regular mouse ...