Hi,

I hope I am not asking to much on this list, but this is a very
interesting question for me.

I would like to ask, what are the methods or steps to successfully
identify objects in images. I know I can use fuzzy select and it is easy
when the background is a single color. But when I scan an image from
print, the background contains many colors and specialy when it is not
so different from the foreground object (like in the picutre I attach
for example), I find very dificult to do this. What
methods/steps/tricks/urls do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Nikolai

JPEG image