On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Jon Winters wrote:

> When using Adobe ImageReady there is a checkbox for transparency in the
> optimize tab.  Next to that there is a dropdown menu labeled "matte"  You
> can select from a variety of things like foreground color, background
> color, white, black, Netscape grey, 50% grey, etc.
>
> Now this is where it gets cool.  When you save an image with transparency
> it adds the "Matte" color into the anti-alias so things blend smoothly.

Use plug-in-semiflatten to flatten only pixels that aren't completely
transparent against the current background color.

I don't think this is exposed in the menus (at least I have never
found it in 1.0) so I have a small script-fu to add this (see below).

-Dave

http://www.flamingtext.com/

;  SEMIFLATTEN
;  Flattent pixels that aren't completely transparent against the background
;  color.
;

(define (script-fu-semiflatten img drawable)
  (plug-in-semiflatten 1 img drawable)
)

(script-fu-register "script-fu-semiflatten"
                    "<Image>/Script-Fu/Modify/Semiflatten"
                    "Flatten pixels that aren't completely transparent against the
background color."
                    "Dave Bonnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
                    "Dave Bonnell"
                    "2000"