At 23:13 24/7/00 BST, paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I've attached a small image, with two dots on it.  Does anyone know how
I'd be
>able to show one dot curving in, and one curving out?

I often find that I can't understand people's questions like this, because
there is not enough information. I am not trying to berate you here, but I
would like to encourage people to provide more details, metaphors or
half-baked attempts at what they are trying to do, when they ask how-to

Otherwise, the question gets misinterpreted six ways by the people who even
bothered trying to understand it, and the asker only gets the answer they
were looking for a week later.

When you say "curving in" and "curving out", do you mean "in and out of the
page" (i.e appearing like a crater next to a mound)? Or do you mean "one
having a dent facing the other, and the other having a protruberance facing
it"? Or is there some other meaning altogether?

If you are looking for a crater and a mound, I suspect a bit of fiddling
with bumpmaps would do the trick. I had a very brief (and not expert) go at
it - see the attached file. Presumably you actually want a more curved
appearance than this. You will probably need to put some spherical
gradients in the areas you want raised and lowered. Someone more
experienced with the bumpmap filter could probably give you a step-by-step
example, if this is what you are trying to do.




Reply via email to