Hi all,
I have been experimenting with editing a logo created by a Script-FU. I am not talking here about tweaking the source code, rather I am talking about actually editing the layers using the standard Gimp tools.
Once I have created the logo, say that I wish to replace a gradient on the text with a pattern. What I did was to render all layers invisible except the topmost layer, and make that layer the active one. So, what I see is a text block filled with a gradient and a transparent background.
The problem came when I tried to select the text. Firstly, I tried Select-All, and it selected the entire layer. Secondly, I tried using the fuzzy select tool and clicking inside one of the letters - it "sort of" worked, but the problem was that it didn't select some of the edges. I played around with the threshold option, and it didn't seem to make any difference.
So the real issue for me is how can I select text that is sitting on a transparent background ?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Andrew J Fortune