If I remember right, the option is to merge all VISIBLE layers.  So if you
made all the layers you want to not merge invisible, you can merge the 2 you
left visible using this option.  You can make layers invisible by clicking
the eyeball in the Layers Dialog. (at least in 1.1.24 you can, I haven't
used 1.0.4 in a while).  This is how I do it, but I'm sure there are other
ways, too.

Good luck!

Aaron Unger
[EMAIL PROTECTED]