> Why ? GIF are commonly used for small pictures coz they give you 256 _real_
> color palette ability .... The size is small ..... what's the problem with
> GIF ?

OK, maybe I'll give up. But I thought that PNG should be replacement to the
GIF due to the patent issues with the GIF. It should have the same features
and many more. And current browsers say that they support it. I think that
this problem is in the PNG rendering engine of the browsers, but maybe there
is some option in the PNG format which could tell the viewing program not to
dither the image on the <24bit display.
I'll try to search something on the problem on PNG format pages.

Tom Mraz