> then I try to display the page in MSIE or Mozilla there is a slight
> difference in the background color of the image and the background
> of the page. Is it some error in Gimp? Probably not, but how could
> I avoid it?

I had similar problems with a web page some time ago. It's not Gimp's
fault. I don't know if my solution is commonly used but it works and
looks quite good. I've just made all areas filled with the
background color transparent.

The splash screen of my homepage is an example for this technique.

Hope it helps!

CU, Michael

---=[       [EMAIL PROTECTED]       ]=---
---=[ http://technoid.xodox.com ]=---