Jakub Steiner wrote:

> The problem of lacking browser support is not that hot, since number of v3
> browsers is decreasing. Unfortunately only bleeding edge browsers (mozilla,
> gtkhtml, dunno about IW) support features like alpha-transparency, but you can
> safely live with 1bit mask as in GIF.

'cuse the ignorance, but is it possible to create a png image that
provides 'gif type of transparency?'  That is, something that will work
with current browsers and stay away from the patented gif format?

As a developer inside the states and for a large corp., I can't accept
the liability of using gimp to create gifs, yet I would love to create
png images to replace existing transparent gifs.

Until later: Geoffrey           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Microsoft != Innovation