hi,

> Why would web brousers support png's if nobody is using them?  Let's just
> start small by using the minimal features of png on our webpages, so that
> the web browsers will see that png is becoming popular and code in better
> support.

my favourite browsers supported PNG since last year. as soon as they did I
converted all my images to PNG. saved 2Mb of web space (with high quality
images) and thought 'who cares' about the older web-browser based people.
after all, since I lost text-version ability, I've added all other bits
to the site that NEED post-3rd generation browsers anyway! :-)

alan