   Mailing-List: contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]; run by ezmlm
   Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 14:12:12 -0400
   From: James Smaby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   >TeX Computer Modern font...

   I don't like some of the design characteristics of
   cm.  The ff ligature is a little ghastly, and at a
   normal pointsize (cmr10) the font is a too `light'
   for my taste.  I prefer the good old venitian font
   families (notice Google uses one of these in thier
   logo).  It would be quite amusing seeing a complex
   math equation typeset with Cloister.  I think that
   cm is good for math typesetting, but if I am going
   to write a letter to someone, it seems too formal.
   The reason I suggested Times is because ships with
   every OS that I know of.  I also hate Times, and I
   cringe whenever I am given an article to read that
   uses it (when I'm a prof, I think I'll take points
   off for using ugly fonts:).

   [I actually use cmr on my website, using plainTeX,
   dvips, and gimp's ps importer]