On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 05:14:45PM +0200, clemensF wrote:
> what do you mean by an install time macro?  rpm's, but also tgz and the
> debian packager specify postinstall-scripts.  you want propably a com-
> bination of this and automake?

No, what I was thinking of, was it would be nice to be able to install a
file in %{_mandir}, and that %{_mandir} would be expanded when the file is
installed.  Currently %{_mandir} may expand to /usr/man or /usr/share/man,
depending on the distribution and version/release of RPM installed.  Now, if
%{_mandir} wouldn't expand at build time to, say, /usr/share/man,
distributions where man's are still installed in the FHS violating location
of /usr/man would still be fine.

Did this make any sense to you?

Alexander Skwar
--
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com | http://www.dp.ath.cx
Sichere Mail?   Mail an [EMAIL PROTECTED] fuer GnuPG Keys