On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 07:24:45AM +1000, Andrew J Fortune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You are right. I didn't build any source for Perl or PDL. I don't have the
> foggiest notion as to where to go from here - where can I either get the
> complete source for these - or maybe there is an RPM that you know of that

I *hope* others can provide you with an RPM of PDL, because I won't ever
touch it so I don't know it.

While rpm is a quick ways to install software (when and if it works), the
slow and usually safer way for perl is to use CPAN. Just enter:

perl -MCPAN -eshell

And follow the menu. After that you should have a prompt like this:

Just enter "install PDL" at this prompt and chances are high that it works
out of the box. If it doesn't you can use "look PDL" (enters the shell)
and edit the file "perldl.conf" to your liking, followed by:

perl Makefile.PL
make test
make install