On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:

> I would get the list of supported ones by gphoto http://www.gphoto.org/.
> The README and FAQ of the distro seem to the list of cameras.

Although gphoto works well when it works, I have seen a lot of people have
trouble with it (even on "supported" cameras).  FYI, gphoto is an app that
allows you to upload pics from your camera to your pc via serial link.

> > Does it matter? I've never used one before, nor seen one used.
>
> Well, yes if you want to use your images in Linux without rebooting.
> The gphoto docs also have some advices about quality and related
> details.

Without rebooting?  Why would you ever have to reboot?  You can mount a
drive without rebooting -- especially when that's a pcmcia card
drive.  One of the beauties of Linux is never rebooting.  FYI, I haven't
rebooted my laptop in 2 weeks and the last time I rebooted was because I
forgot to put it to sleep so the battery ran out.

--Ames
   "Fine!  Then I'm just gonna take my laptop and go home!!!"
Amy L. Abascal                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Design Chic, VA Linux Systems                  www.valinux.com
Web Design Chic, Silicon Valley Linux Users Group    www.svlug.com