> I'm a GIMP newbie but have used stuff like PSP and photoshop.
> My understanding was that plugins were precompiled and placed
> into some 'plugin directory'.... that way it gets loaded
> dynamically. Surely this mechanism is in Gimp?

Plug-ins are registered upon startup, and all the plug-ins are in an internal
database.  Have a
good look at the <TOOLBOX> menu, I think you can search for certain functions/plugins.
 Most of
the GIMP is supposibly impliemented through plug-ins., and you shouldn't have to

If (GIMP != Common Sense) AND/OR (JONNY == WRONG) then enlighten everyone to the truth.

Jonathan Paton

Do You Yahoo!?