> About 6 months ago I read a tutorial that showed how to create
> steely, 3d-like text.  I created a few samples then - but now I
> can't find the tutorial nor remember how I created them.

Generally this is done by using the lighting plug-in (1.0.x users goto
http://registry.gimp.org :-)). You create 2 images: One is RGB and
filled with the color of your text (e.g. grey), the other greyscale,
filled with black and contains your text (white), blurred. Now
<Image>-"Light effects"-"Lighting effects". Check "use bumpmap" and
select the second image as bumpmap. Now play with different values...

Hope it helps.

CU, Michael

---=[       [EMAIL PROTECTED]       ]=---
---=[ http://technoid.xodox.com ]=---