I did make distclean but the same happens. I attached listing (hopefully).
Would dropping in the gimp-1.201 blib/lib/Gimp.PM file into the gimp/blib/lib
directory cure this or is this not the same gimp.pm that it is looking for ?
I didn't fetch my tarball from CVS, I fetched it from
ftp://gimp.org/pub/unstable/126 (or similar) so no egeneration errors !
Thanks for the assistance,
Dominic

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 11:08:55PM +0100, Dominic Knight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
> > Hi, I'm trying to compile gimp-1.1.26 and it fails with the following error,
> >
> > make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/gimp-1.1.26/plug-ins/perl/po'
> > make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../blib/lib/Gimp.pm', needed by
>`gimp-perl.pot'.  Stop.
>
> You didn't update your tree properly, or forget a make distclean or similar,
> I guess. Check wether the file plug-ins/perl/po/Makefile.PL exists and remove
> it. It is not part of 1.1.26
>
> (BTW, could you just do a "ls plug-ins/perl/po" and send it here before
> doing this? This might help diagnosing further).
>
> Also, since this also happens with the 1.1.26 tarball (or so I was told),
> was there a cvs problem when egenrating these? There were quite a bit
> changes to the po directory lately...)
>
> --
>       -----==-                                             |
>       ----==-- _                                           |
>       ---==---(_)__  __ ____  __       Marc Lehmann      +--
>       --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       [EMAIL PROTECTED] |e|
>       -=====/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\       XX11-RIPE         --+
>     The choice of a GNU generation                       |
ChangeLog
Makefile
Makefile.in
Makefile.in.in