De: Philip Fletcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Date: vendredi 06 octobre 2000 13:34
: gimp-user
Objet: Low Quality Gifs

Hi

I have been trying to create gifs with transparent backgrounds for use on my
website.  No real problems (RTFM'd) with that, but the quality is appalling
in both colour and resolution.

As an example http://www.stutchbury.com/images/projects.gif versus a similar
image in PNG format at http://www.stutchbury.com/images/projects_d.png .

It is on the conversion to 'indexed' that the degradation occurs.

Any ideas?

Regards

Philip
--