On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, pixel fairy wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, COUTIER Eric wrote:

> > I have an image with a semi-opaque channel. I want to save the final result,
> > How to "apply" channels
> > or "flatten" channels, as you want ?

> in the image (right click) layers->flatten image

I think the question was about channels and not layers.

Now I have only been using the GIMP for a week and really know very very

And I guess that the issue is really that you can make some channels
"invisable" so really the question is of flattening the image with only
a subset of the channels on a particular layer.  If that is that case then
it may be necessary to clear the channels you don't want and then flatten
the layers (or flatten the visable layers).

But it is more than possible that I have misunderstood the question, and
even if I did get that right, probably have an incorrect answer.

Good luck.

Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html