Hi Eric,

This is the problem I solved in the Color To Alpha
filter - it should be in any recent gimp.  Simply
select the background color and go.  Note that your
image will need to have an alpha channel for the
plug-in to run, and it works best with solid color
backgrounds.

Regards,
Seth Burgess
[EMAIL PROTECTED]