On 11/5/2000 23:10, VosSedai at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Damn Carl thats a bit harsh no? I mean its tough admining a mailing list as
> well as everything else they do. Im on several ...Linux related mailing
> lists and you think this is bad you should see like the kernel and bug
> traq... but anyway not trying to be a b*tch or anything, but I do believe
> that the spammer should be addressed and not the admins of the list.... I
> mailed their ISP and complained ....I urge everyone who it really bothers to
> do the same :)

no, the problem is that the lists are open and people who are NOT on this
list can post spam to and through this (and the -dev) list. If the list was
closed to subscribers only, the amount of spam would be reduced if not
eliminated because you'd have to be subscribed to spam the list and can be
tracked as a result.

    __   _                                           Carl B. Constantine
   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  (2.2.14)                       ICQ: 26351441
                                            PGP key available on request
          "On the net, no one knows you're a Duck!"