On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 04:59:31PM +0100, "T.Regenbrecht" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I want to use Gimp as the default application to open a xcf-file from KDE.
> I would like to use some script like:

[which should work]

> 1) If there is no running instance of gimp I could of course start
> one, but how do I check for a running perl-server and how can I start
> it?

gimp-perl autoamatically starts up a gipm if it can't find a server. You cna
use

use Gimp 'spawn_options=gui';

to force it to open a gui-session.

You can also use the commandline-tool "gimp-remote" which uses some hacks
to contact an already running gimp to load an image and works superbly,
but it of course rquires a running gimp (but no perl).

> 2) When I start the perl-server manually and use the script above, the
> image seems to be changed. ("Changes were made to xxx.xcf. Close
> anyway?") Why does this happen and how can I avoid this?

Hmm... I don't know.