On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 10:41:38PM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
>     Ok, this is a really basic question, but...
>
>     I'm in the middle of making a logo, and it looks great, but when I
>     save it as a jpg and view it, it's all washed out as a single
>     colour. Is saving a file supposed to be this difficult?

Are you creating your image on multiple layers? If so, you have to
flatten it (button 3 -> Flatten image in the layers dialog) before
saving. Only the gimp native format (.xcf files) understands the layers
format. In other cases, it saves only the currently active layer.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Tredinnick            email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CommSecure Pty Ltd

PGP signature