> have prompted me regarding the layers during the save, unless there's > a good
>reason someone would want to save something other than what
> they currently see.

What version of Gimp are you using?  I'm using 1.1.28 and everytime I
forget to flatten an Image it prompts me "Jpegs do not allow multiple
layers. Would you like to export this image?"  All I do is click 'OK'
and it flattens it for me right there (this is excellent if you want to
preserve your layers for later editing because when you're done with the
save you end up with your original multi-layered image).

Just thought I'd add that.

--
| Deus Ex Heli0s  {kevin}  | "danaos timeo et |