I have Gimp 1.1.29 installed on a Debian System with XFree86 4.0.1
There are two input devices installed: A PS/2 compatible glidepoint
device and a USB trackball. I disabled core events for the trackball
and set its input mode to 'Window' in the Gimp's input devices dialog.
The result was almost the way I wanted it: The trackball doesn't move
the system cursor, but it still works in the Gimp and its movement is
restricted to the window I'm painting in.

The problem is: Every time I press the left mouse button, the cursor
that is controlled by the USB device jumps to the top left corner of
the window. When I start dragging the cursor around, the Gimp first
draws a line from the corner to wherever the cursor was before it
jumped there. From then on, the cursor follows the trackball the way
it should. So I end up with whatever I was trying to draw, plus a line
from the origin of the screen to the original cursor position.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks in advance,