You have to do two things.

1.  You have to make "Fontmap" and a "fonts.scale" in the directory
containing your fonts.  The easy way to do this is to use type1inst.

2. " xset fp+ /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 ".  You can type that into
the command line or you can put it into your .xintrc file.  Umm.  One
more place is in the X86Config file but it has been awhile since I did
that.

Good luck!  Fonts are a pain!

--

 _ ._ _   _  "If you do, you do. If you don't,
(_o| | |o_>o   you don't."